The Department of Research and Extension is the office responsible to promote, manage, coordinate, and evaluate research and extension projects of the school and to disseminate research outputs of the faculty, staff and students. It likewise stimulates research-based extension projects and initiate the establishment of linkages with research and funding institutions along with mandated programs and services such as gender and development, disaster and climate resiliency and alumni concerns.
A recognized center of disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and extension programs and services towards sustainable institutional and community development.
To provide capability building and other necessary services in research, extension and related fields that will equip the faculty, staff and students to undertake independent and collaborative research and extension programs and services.
The SPC Department of Research and Extension endeavors to achieve the following ultimate outcomes in support of its vision of excellence in academic research, extension and related programs and services:
- Reinforced research and extension capacity of faculty, staff and students;
- Enhanced disciplinary, interdisciplinary and collaborative research productivity;
- Increased responsive and collaborative research based extension and related services;
- Established/Strengthened linkage with government and non-government organizations, industry and other stakeholders;
- Widened dissemination of research outputs through paper presentations in local, national and international fora and publications;
- Research utilization and technology transfer and publications in accredited refereed journals to enhance empowerment of communication, business, industry, other educational institution and other stakeholders.